Yes, please!! 😀
Today’s post is about dessert recipes for grilled cheese! I was inspired by “National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day” last Thursday (April 12th annually!) to combine two of my favorite things: dessert and grilled cheese… So today, I present the Brie & Caramel Grilled Cheese! 🙂
First, assemble your ingredients.
You are going to need:
- Sliced bread (I used honey wheat because I don’t like white bread, but I wanted the extra sweetness of the honey.)
- Brie cheese (You can buy either a wedge of brie or a whole small wheel. My piece is a large wedge cut off a giant wheel from Costco. You should be able to find many varieties of brie in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store, usually in the deli section.)
- Brown sugar, with the large clumps broken up
- Caramel ice cream topping, at room temperature
- Butter, at room temperature
- Glazed pecans (I found Pecan Pie pecans at my local grocery, located with the dried fruit.)
- Butter knife
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Skillet or saute pan
- Rubber spatula
Begin by buttering two slices of bread. (You want to make sure your butter is at room temperature for this step so that you don’t tear the bread.)
Using a sharp knife, cut a slice of brie off your wedge.
Place cheese on the unbuttered side of a slice of bread.
Sprinkle with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
On the unbuttered side of the other slice of bread, spread approximately 1 tablespoon of caramel. (You want to make sure your caramel is also at room temperature for this step.) Don’t forget to lick your spoon after this step. You don’t want to waste any caramel, right?! 😉
Preheat your skillet or saute pan over medium-low heat. After a few minutes, place the slice of bread with the cheese buttered side down. Place the caramel covered slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
While the grilled cheese is cooking, coarsely chop up approximately 5 or 10 pecans.
Once both sides of the grilled cheese are lightly browned and the cheese has melted (approximately 2-3 minutes per side), remove from the heat and place on a cutting board.
Slice grilled cheese in half along the diagonal. Serve sprinkled with glazed pecans. Enjoy! 😀
Any questions? Feel free to ask in the comments below! 🙂